After the publication of the site for Arsac Voyages, I could note that it was not so easy to reference a website.
It’s not a problem with the major search engine like Google, Msn Search or Yahoo. And it’s ok with Dmoz too.
No, that becomes a deal when you want your site to appear on more local directories. In my case, I naturally wished to record it on directories about Ardèche.
And there, it’s not very brilliant compared to search engine :
- many directories imperatively requires a back link
- a majority make only a redirection to your site (like goto.php?id=12345) and not a good old true real hard link
- there are also all those directories where you have to pay
What has also surprised me, it’s the little number of links which these directories contain :
- some are really ridiculous with less than one about fifty links which display only after a long travel in an infernal tree structure
- in the best cases, most serious directories posts between 200 and 300 links, which seemed to me very poor : Ardeche is a “small” department, but not at this point :)
And to crown the whole, the process to submit a new site is not always very simple but on the other hand it’s generally take several weeks to be recorded!
What has to arrive arrived. And I said to myself : I am not so stupid! I can make with QC a better directory than all these things.
Et voila, after a little programming and much input, there is not one but two new sites built with QC :
- 07-Ardeche.com - l’annuaire de l’Ardèche : my directory for Ardèche websites,
- 69.pagesd.info - l’annuaire du Rhône : Fred’s directory for Rhône websites.
And once again, thanks to the magic of QC (and CSS :), its possible to obtain two different layout with tyhe same code base.